Monday, April 21, 2014

R IS FOR RAZOR

Murder by Razor

Known as a box cutter, these small handheld tools are deadly in the wrong hands. My husband carries one in his pocket, he actually uses it as a box cutter. I have several in the tool drawer in my kitchen, and every handy man has one in his tool box. And yet a few slices in the right area of a body and death is guaranteed!
A young man in Massachusetts is alleged to have killed his teacher – a teacher who offered him extra help with his studies. Her throat was slashed; her body was then wheeled across the schoolyard in a recycling bin and buried under leaves in the woods. Her alleged assailant is 14-years-old, but will be charged as an adult.

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street used a razor to commit his many murders
– with a weapon that looks like a weapon –
a straight razor!
Although a fictional story - there are some that claim it's based on a reality.  You can read the facts here!

From Wikipedia

Have you ever accidentally cut yourself with a razor? It's deep, it's bloody, and the pain is usually delayed. 
A razor is a most deadly tool!


If you want to join in on the fun of Arlee Bird's blog hop
 The A to Z Challenge just go HERE!
 

7 comments:

  1. Thankfully no I never have cut myself on a razor. I was always staggered that men used to shave themselves with unprotected razors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Razor cuts are the worst! When something is that sharp, you have NO idea how bad the injury is until it starts to bleed and sting. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have cut myself with a razor and it hurt like crazy. I agree with Jo about men using unprotected razors - I'm glad I've never had to do that as I'm so clumsy I'd cut my own throat for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think shaving razors have gotten so much better as I used to cut myself and haven't for years now. I was once in a dangerous situation where a crazy kid with a Mohawk pulled one of those box cutter knives on me. I was on a train going from Lyon, France to Calais on my way to the UK, in the early 90s... it really was a miracle that I came to no harm. Razors and box cutters can absolutely be dangerous... just think 9/11
    #AtoZchallenge ☮Peace
    ☮ ღ ONE ℒℴνℯ

    ☼ Light ☼ visiting from http://4covert2overt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi human, Yolanda,

    Of course, I cannot be bothered to shave. My whiskers are adorable as they are. My human uses a razor and doesn't do a good job. I tell him to take the cover off the razor.

    Pawsitive wishes,

    Penny the friendly host of the Alphabark Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a strange thing that you can cut yourself with a sharp blade and it doesn't hurt right away, but by heavens it doesn't have hurt a little bit later.
    In Glasgow in the 1940's there was a gang member called 'The Razor King' who carried two cutthroat razors as his weapons of choice. Okay, you might think that is a bit over the top, but another gang member of those days was called 'The Mad Spaniard' Why? Because he carried swords inside his coat.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you, say hello and leave your blog address - I'll visit, but please take with you my undying gratitude that you stopped by for a read. Be well, be happy, and may your blog surfing bring you joy!