Monday, November 2, 2020

For Opal: My Book of Poetry


Eros of Space 

Strangers from the blogosphere

A simple common interest

Yet with your words,

You made me cry

 

How could you touch me

With letters & language

I don’t allow anyone in

But your words were magical

 

To inspire such feelings

Love and desire

Long forgotten needs

Awoken through verse

 

But can I trust

A love that was initiated

By the Eros of space

Without proof of reality

 

Or do I accept

the words

You express and let

Imagination decide?

  Yolanda Renée (C) 2020

***

For Opal: My Book of Poetry

     For Opal is a collection of poems written in memory of Lilly Opal Stansberry, my grandmother, and the inspiration for my writing. These poems portray a moment in time. Highlighting love, loss, tragedy, and survival. There are a few done just for fun and several that have a murderous slant. But they are all a small picture of life. Some are real and others pure fiction.

Before she passed, I promised her I would publish a book of poetry. This is that promise kept. Publication date November 2nd - would have been her 108th birthday.

I'm under no illusion, A poet I am not, but each verse has meaning for me.

Maybe it will strike a chord for you too!

*****

Anyone willing to do a blog post for my poetry book. Let me know. I'll send you a copy and we can discuss the subject. 

Or a simple shout out would be most appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you, say hello and leave your blog address - I'll visit, but please take with you my undying gratitude that you stopped by for a read. Be well, be happy, and may your blog surfing bring you joy!