Wednesday, November 4, 2020

IWSG - Purpose


Insecure Writer's Support Group


Purpose of the IWSG: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds! Join us!

Question - Albert Camus once said, “The purpose of a writer is to keep civilization from destroying itself.” Flannery O’Conner said, “I write to discover what I know.” Authors across time and distance have had many reasons to write. Why do you write what you write?

 Answer: - I write what I want to read. I write because it’s therapy; it keeps me sane, and because I have something to say. Will it save the world? No. Will it change the world? No. Will it entertain the world? Maybe. I hope so. Will you learn something? Always.

Yes, I share what I know yet learn much, much more. Each story teaches me something new. I hope it will the reader too. Just a few days ago I released a book of poetry. It's my favorite form of expression and I write it whenever I find myself unable to express my emotions any other way.

I made a promise to my grandmother, and I've finally kept that promise. Will it change the world?  No. But it will entertain!

 The outstanding co-hosts are:

Jemi Fraser, Kim Lajevardi,

L.G Keltner, Tyrean Martinson,

and

Rachna Chhabria!

Be sure to say hello!


KEEP WRITING!

"Yolanda Renée had reached a new dimension in her writing and tamed some very wild beasts in the process! This poet has opened her heart, bared her soul, and in the process created inspiring and uplifting verse. But also raw and terrifying."

Author & Poet Cindy Parker

For Opal is a collection of 100 poems written by Yolanda Renee. Influenced by and in memory of Lilly Opal Stansberry, her grandmother. Renée's lyrics portray a moment in time. Highlighting love, loss, tragedy, and survival. There are a few that were created just for fun and several that have a murderous slant. But they are all a small picture of life and written from the heart.

***







5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the book Yolanda. Will my writing change the world? No! But I think it can help me and others deal better with this world. At least I hope so!
    Sonia from https://soniadogra.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    A huge congratulation on the release of your book of poetry. Thanks also for sharing why you write. I so agree and identify with your reasons.
    All the best.

    Shalom aleichem,
    Pat G @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new book!
    Entertaining can change the world...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The process of writing teaches me a lot, too. Entertaining people may not always change the world, but it can brighten someone's day, and that's a wonderful thing in and of itself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I think entertaining people is more important now than it has been in a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you, say hello and leave your blog address - I'll visit, but please take with you my undying gratitude that you stopped by for a read. Be well, be happy, and may your blog surfing bring you joy!