Wednesday, January 14, 2015

BACKWOODS BOOGIE



REVIEW:
by


I love a good mystery especially one that gives me a few hours of escape on a quiet afternoon. Backwoods Boogie by Trish Jackson, is the third novel in the Redneck P. I. Mystery series and my first introduction to main character Twila Taunton. The story provided me just what I needed, and Twila, a proud redneck from Quisby, Alabama, is someone I'd love on my side in a crises.

Twila started her Detective Agency because she wanted to find her mother's killer and as a kick ass, take no prisoner's sort of woman she accomplishes her goals. Twila sells real estate on the side for her Uncle Pervis, and he allows her to run The Redneck Detective agency from the same office. With the proper personnel, like Great Aunt Essie who carries a big gun, LaMercy who manages the office and knows all the gossip in town, Twila is set for almost any case that comes through the door.

In Backwoods Boogie, Pam Taylor, the owner of a tearoom is accused of murdering her best friend, but Twila knows she's innocent. When emails seem to prove otherwise, Twila calls on another friend, Gasser, the computer expert she met in the big city of Boston, for help.

The character of Gasser is well named, and has many talents. His addition to the story offers plenty of humor and I found him to be my favorite character. In Backwoods Boogie, the characters are well developed, and Trish offers plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader guessing.

Trish has written excellent descriptions and dialogue for her characters and I found the technique of adding small paragraph chapters in the other characters point of view unnecessary.

I highly recommend Backwoods Boogie by Trish Jackson for an afternoon's diversion, and I look forward to catching up with Twila and her other escapades in books one and two of the Redneck P. I. Mystery series.

I was given an ARC for an honest review.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you, say hello and leave your blog address - I'll visit, but please take with you my undying gratitude that you stopped by for a read. Be well, be happy, and may your blog surfing bring you joy!