Wednesday, April 23, 2014

T IS FOR TIRE IRON

Murder by Tire Iron

Murder by blunt object is a favorite – whatever is at hand and can do the most damage, whether your choice is a hammer, a baseball bat, a tree limb, or the ever-popular tire iron.
Rage wields the tire iron!
To learn more about these stories just click the link.

In Baton Rouge, police arrested a 23-year-old man in the death of 53-year-old Michael Taylor Sr. after a New Year's Eve brawl turned deadly!

This man was stabbed by tire iron.

This murderer not only beat her to death with a tire iron, he rammed it down her throat!

A man kills his estranged wife's 90-year-old grandfather to fund his drug habit!

Did I not say the ever-popular tire iron? If you've ever held a tire iron, you know that one blow is all it would take. I think it might be a good idea to have one handy on those unfamiliar dark roads, what do you think?


The tire iron - a defensive weapon or one that could be turned on you?


If you want to join in on the fun of Arlee Bird's blog hop The A to Z Challenge just go HERE!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh the killing of the 90 year old man is just the worst. Who on earth could beat a 90 year old to death??

    ReplyDelete
  2. With my luck, the attacker would wrest the tire iron from me before I did anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's worth remembering that no matter how simple or technical a 'weapon' is, there is always a chance that an assailant may take it and use it against you.
    My first thought is the tyre iron, or at home in a kitchen - any knife.
    To take it to the extreme I'll explain something about my time in Northern Ireland in the early 1970's.
    We carried our rifles loaded with live rounds in the magazine. To avoid having the weapon 'taken' during a riot or suchlike we had the weapon sling attached from the butt to our wrist. Why?
    If the sling was attached at the stock or front end of the weapon, another person could take control of the weapon and turn it on it's owner.
    If no retaining sling was used, the entire weapon could be taken and used against the owner and anybody else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one I used as a weapon of self defense in a manuscript I hope to get revised for submission one of these days. Haven't killed anyone with it....yet.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you, say hello and leave your blog address - I'll visit, but please take with you my undying gratitude that you stopped by for a read. Be well, be happy, and may your blog surfing bring you joy!